Mej Loza

Where Have I Been?

For the past 2 months that I’ve been m.i.a., some good things have happened.

In October, I went on a 3-day training to become a financial advisor. This is just basic training, but I feel that I’ve learned a lot and could at least understand the insurance policies that I have acquired.

My days went like this:

On Monday I woke up at 3:30am. I didn’t have the chance to make breakfast (for the duration of the training), so I started prepping to go out. I left home the same time as R at 5:00am. I got to the parking at 5:30am a few steps away from the building, but found out that both Jollibee and McDonalds opened at 6:00am. I opted for the latter because I preferred their pancakes and the ambiance was more condusive to reading and waiting. I proceeded to the venue at 8:30am. If you’re wondering what I did in those 2 or so hours, I read online financial blogs and articles, watched some financial videos on youtube and of course browsed a bit on FB. For some reason, I didn’t think about blogging, maybe because I was just so in the moment. Hmm.

Anyway, training ended at 4:10pm. When I got to my car, there was a steel bar blocking it, luckily several cars were already waiting for a parking slot. I was informed by the street parking attendant that they could only allowed maximum of 2-hour parking. Unfortunately, I couldn’t park here again the following day. The drive home was short and I was pleased. Nearing home, I decided to gas my car a full tank, when I was advised that I better get an oil change so I did. R was at home by the time I was getting an oily change so he went there to accompany me. One of the tires had a huge nail in it so R and I convoyed and looked for a Vulcanizing shop, this was around 7:30pm. We went home and R prepared some soup with past because it was easier to make. I was already exhausted at this time and spent around 20minutes playing and cuddling our dog, Mico. Bathing and blow drying my hair took a while as usual. I slept at about 10:00pm.

On Tuesday I arrived at the same time, around 5:30am. Surprisingly, McDonalds was already open. I decided that I would park my car there. I went to the training room at 8:00am because the McDonalds seat was already giving me back pain from sitting too long. 

The day was the same, the training was fun and informative. 

But this was the day it rained heavily. My usual 40-minute drive home became 3 hours. Instead of getting home at 5:00pm, I arrived at almost 8:00pm. R got ahead of me by about 5 minutes and he told me how Mico was barking from inside the house. Mico was upset from being left alone for too long. 

I decided not to have dinner because I was too tired. But of course, some cuddling and playing with Mico first. Then took a shower, blow dried my hair and went to sleep at around 10:00pm.

Wednesday morning I had to borrow my parents’ car because mine was coding. I was supposed to do this the night before, but with the traffic, I opted to just do this in the morning. I woke up at 3:00am and left at 3:50am and arrived at my parents at about 4:10am. I got to McDonalds at 4:50am and luckily it was already open. 

I got to the training room a bit before 8:00am so I decided to grab coffee from 7-Eleven because I was still sleepy despite my 2 large coffee in McDonalds. This was the last day of training and I know I would miss our class. I asked for everyone’s contact number and even their FB just so we can all keep in touch. We had 3 exams that day to test our skill. Fortunately, I passed them all and even got a peferct score in the last one. What a great way to cap off the training.

Now I just have to prepare for the licensure exam.

I loved every single minute of my training and my personal time before that, even though I had to wake up early and had to settle with shorter rest, it’s still one if the most memorable experiences for me. I felt like I had gone back to school, only this time I was more determined. I’m hoping for great things with my new venture. I initially wanted to only learn and understand my insurance policies better, but having the chance to learn more and even have an income opportunity is the best thing to have happened.


I got very sick for a week, and decided to rest the first few days and just did office work on the remaining days. I also went to Bicol with R and we stayed at his parents’ home. I also visited the cemetery where my grandparents and youngest brother were laid.

And then I took the 2 insurance exams and waited about a week to get the result. I passed!

So it was also this month that my parents have asked me to be more involved in the family business. They’re already starting to venture into different businesses and they wanted me to learn the ropes so that I can ease into handling things while they’re still here to assist me.

So the good news is I’m now actively participating in our family business. The downside is that I have less time to attend meetings in Ortigas for financial planning seminars. Coincidentally, my crucial days of the week for the business falls on the same days as the insurance seminars. How I wish I decided to become a financial advisor sooner!

Anyway, I’m hoping to at least attend a couple seminars a month just so I can finally start introducing insurance to some of my friends and clients. At this rate, I’m still not confident to offer it. I really hope I can fix my schedule and allot even a few days for it.

That’s it for now.

About Mej

Hi! I'm Mej and that little guy is my dog, Mico. I used to write post mostly about beauty and a long time ago, just fashion, but that's going to change. So I could post more often, I've finally decided to post anything that catches my fancy - be it beauty, fashion, interior and facade design, married life and life in general, career, and even finance. It felt limiting to write just up to three topics - beauty, travel, and health, especially now that I don't feel as passionate writing just about those three things. But that's all in the past now. Anyway, that's it for now. See you in my posts!

6 thoughts on “Where Have I Been?

  1. So much happenings lately. Tapos malapit na Pasko, busy-busyhan na mga tao. Good luck on becoming a financial advisor! I also want to be one but don’t have the time to pursue it yet. One day. 🙂

    1. Oo nga sis 🙂 Kahit sabihin nila na pwede ang part-time, hindi pala realistic. Halos full time job pala talaga siya. I thought pwede ko siya gawin and pursue in my free time. So kahit gusto ko siya, mahirap siya isingit sa schedule kapag may work na.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll To Top